What This is All About

So many times in life I want to make a purchase (big or small) and I say to myself...."I wish someone would just tell me which one is the best so I can buy that one." For me, it has happened the most with gadget-type purchases, but has even happened with purchases like toasters or clothes. I want to use this blog to help you on your purchasing journey. I figured that I have done some research already and am willing to do more, so why not lend you a helping hand. I also have LOTS of opinions, stories, interesting news articles, etc. that I would love to share with my readers. I hope you enjoy them. PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR REVIEWS/RECOMMENDATIONS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Men's Wrist Watches

I am a watch junkie as I know many of you are. There is just something about wearing a well-made, beautiful watch that makes you feel good. I have quite a few watches and a lot of experience shopping for and researching watches. My list are recommendations only. There are many others in each category to choose from, but hopefully I can save you some work shopping.

Lower End (under $200)



Skagen - Skagen makes some nice watches and I do recommend them if you like this kind of Scandinavian style. They are well-made and seem to last a while. Swiss Army (Victorinox) used to be a contender here, but recently it is difficult to find a Swiss Army watch that costs under $500.


Mid-Level (under $1000)


There are many strong contenders in this very popular category and you can't really go wrong with any of the below brands. This style of watch is usually more luxurious and well-made. They have that "heavy" feel that one starts to see as the quality of a watch increases. Some of the choices here are Seiko, Citizen, Movado, and Tissot. My recommendation for this level is Citizen. Citizen makes some fantastic watches with some great features. Their Eco-Drive models are especially nice since they are recharged by solar power with a battery back-up. A Citizen watch, if taken care of, should last you a lifetime. I have had one Citizen Eco-Drive watch (among others in this category) for quite a few years now and it still runs and looks like new.


Upper-Level ($1000-$5000)



This is that level that we all think about when we are younger and strive to have someday. These watches are seen as status symbols and examples of success in life. These are still a bit out of my price range, but I have looked at and tried on many of them. Choices here include Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Tag Heuer, and IWC. These are all beautiful and well-made watches, but my recommendation is Breitling. Breitling has been making watches since 1884. They are the creators of the first wrist watch chronograph and are famous for providing watches to aviators. they are extremely beautiful, well-made, and reliable.




Luxury-Level ($5000 & Up)


At this level of watch we are talking to those who don't care how much a watch costs and don't look at price tags. Watches in this category are generally hand-made in Switzerland or Germany and are flawless. The average price of watches in this category is around $15,000. Choices here include A. Lange & Sohne, Blancpain, and Glashutte. In this category my recommendation is Blancpain. Blancpain started hand making watches in Switzerland in 1735. They only make about 10,000 watches per year (compare that to Rolex who make approximately 2000 watches per day). Each Blancpain watch is made by a single watch maker. Simply put, I believe this is the best watch in the world.

3 comments:

  1. This wrist watches is super cool! I would recommend it to all my friend.Superb design, nice features and best quality.Fantastic one!
    Best Men Wrist Watches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration, both of which we all need!Relay appreciate your work. BEST WATCHES EVER

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the spring force movement powers it, the chronograph can measure up to tenths of a second for twelve hours. The chronograph, because of the new technology is much more precise in measuring the time than other chronographs. Montre Marco Milano


    ReplyDelete