What This is All About

So many times in life I want to make a purchase (big or small) and I say to myself...."I wish someone would just tell me which one is the best so I can buy that one." For me, it has happened the most with gadget-type purchases, but has even happened with purchases like toasters or clothes. I want to use this blog to help you on your purchasing journey. I figured that I have done some research already and am willing to do more, so why not lend you a helping hand. I also have LOTS of opinions, stories, interesting news articles, etc. that I would love to share with my readers. I hope you enjoy them. PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR REVIEWS/RECOMMENDATIONS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sporting Clays Shotgun ... Beretta 391 Review


One thing you need to know about me before we go much further in this blog is that I love shooting targets. This could be anything from guns and archery to darts and Wii games. So I guess I can say, you will see on ongoing theme in some of my posts.

Let's talk about sporting clays. I didn't know what sporting clays was until 2 years ago myself. My brother-in-law, while living in California discovered it, and introduced it to me when he and my sister moved back to NY. Basically, sporting clays is like a cross between golf and skeet shooting. There are a set number of stations (holes), usually between 10 and 18, where clay targets are thrown in a manner that simulates different birds or animals. For example, a station that simulates pheasants might send the clays low and across the target area. A station that simulates rabbits, might send a clay bouncing across the ground. A station that simulates ducks could send the clays high above overhead. Like golf, the stations are different every time you play them (kind of like moving the hole position on greens). It is a great and challenging sport which I highly recommend to anyone.

I believe the Beretta Model AL391 is the best sporting clay shotgun. Unlike some other categories I might discuss later, the Beretta AL391 is a slam dunk across the board. This shotgun is great for beginners as well as experts, men as well as women. It is the perfect sporting clays shotgun. This is a semi-automatic shotgun, with great balance, accuracy, and a controlled recoil (the kick-back of the gun after firing). This shotgun is widely available from many gun stores as well as retail mega stores like Walmart and Dick's. If you are on a fixed budget, check out Walmart as they sell this shotgun for a great price around $600. For the ladies, I recommend the AL391 Urika 2 Parallel Target RL (reduced length) as it is a shorter shotgun and adjustable. For those of you who are a little more advanced or want a shotgun with a little more style (bling), I recommend the AL391 Teknys Gold Sporting (see above photo). It is made of beautiful walnut wood with accents. Please check these shotguns out. If you have a chance, take a look at Beretta USA website. Or even better, head on over to a Beretta Gallery Store. You will be treated like a king/queen and you can look at everything Beretta offers.

1 comment: