What This is All About

So many times in life I want to make a purchase (big or small) and I say to myself...."I wish someone would just tell me which one is the best so I can buy that one." For me, it has happened the most with gadget-type purchases, but has even happened with purchases like toasters or clothes. I want to use this blog to help you on your purchasing journey. I figured that I have done some research already and am willing to do more, so why not lend you a helping hand. I also have LOTS of opinions, stories, interesting news articles, etc. that I would love to share with my readers. I hope you enjoy them. PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR REVIEWS/RECOMMENDATIONS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Best Digital SLR Camera for a Beginner

Photography is a fun and fulfilling hobby and I highly recommend it. For those of you who are ready to abandon your digital point-and-shoot cameras for something a little more powerful, this article is for you. DSLR cameras provide greater control over your subject and opportunity to create those more artistic photographs that you see in print media.

I am going to recommend two cameras as The Best for beginners. These cameras are by no means "beginner" cameras and there are other choices that cost less, but that is not what this blog is about. I try to balance quality, fun, and price to give you The Best choice. Both cameras can be bought as a "kit" which simply means that the camera comes with a standard lens. You might also be able to find promotions where a bit more money, you can get an extra lens (a telephoto lens most commonly). I also recommend buying a book to go along with the camera such as a "Dummies" book or something similar. This is the best way to understand the capabilities of your new camera and experiment with different scenarios and subjects.

On to the recommendations. You will notice that one of the cameras has more mega pixels than the other. As a beginner, do not worry about that issue as, in this case, bigger is not necessarily better. Professional photographers worry about more mega pixels, but for beginners, either 12 or 15 mega pixels is more than enough for printing and posting photos on the Internet.

Canon EOS Rebel T1i  and Canon EOS Rebel T2i







These should be your choice if you want to shoot High definition video with your camera as well as pictures.


Canon EOS Rebel XSi EF-S Kit




This should be your choice is you do not want to shoot video with your camera.

As always, post your comments or let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment